Office of City Manager & City Clerk
The City Manager's Office is the Chief Executive of the municipal corporation and provides for the efficient and effective administration of the affairs of the City of Cotati.
About the City Manager's Office
The City Manager's Office is the Chief Executive of the municipal corporation and provides for: the efficient and effective administration of the affairs of the City of Cotati; implementation of policy directions of the City Council; maintenance of complete and accurate records of Council proceedings; maintenance of official City files; conduct of municipal elections in accordance with California State Governmental Codes; provision of an effective personnel management system in the areas of personnel selection, classification, compensation, and labor relations; protection of City assets from potential loss; promotion of safety and well being for City employees; claims management; and administration of the City's rent stabilization, community services and recreation programs and projects.
The goal of the City Manager's Office is to:
- Oversee the delivery of public services for the City of Cotati in accordance with State Laws and the policies, ordinances, and resolutions adopted by the City Council.
- Advise and recommend to the City Council on matters regarding current and future fiscal, staffing and program needs of the City.
- Supervise and work cooperatively with City staff to insure that Council's policies are carried out.
- Recommend and manage programs and projects which will revitalize the economy of the City, and enhance aesthetic and cultural conditions in the community.
- Operate out of a commitment to improve the quality of life for every member of the community.
- Administer employee benefits and provide employment services.
- Control, minimize, or eliminate risk through risk management.
Peruse the City of Cotati Enterprise System Information Catalog.
A claim must be presented, as prescribed by the Government Code of the State of California, by the claimant or a person acting on his/her behalf.
The City of Cotati Council is comprised of five Councilmembers, elected at-large for four-year terms. The next General Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, for the election of two City Councilmembers.
City of Cotati is pleased to offer Campaign Disclosure Statements available via the web, free of charge via SouthTech Systems’ eRetrieval. You can access the City's Campaign Statements electronically, 24/7, from the comfort of your own desktop or mobile device.
Review the resources for businesses in Cotati.
Make public record requests to the City of Cotati.
Recology strives to find the best and highest use of all materials we collect, helping the community to divert as many materials as possible away from the landfill.
Learn about the steps Cotati takes to have a Transparent Government.