Notice of Opportunity to Serve on Sonoma County Library Commission
Apply by 5:00 p.m. Thursday April 13, 2023
The Cotati City Council invites individuals who are committed to working for the betterment of the Sonoma County Library system to serve as Cotati’s representative on the Sonoma County Library Commission
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the library and its services, able to devote time and energy to the role, can represent the varied needs and interests of the community and of the library, and has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Library Commission provides governance for the Sonoma County Library; lends expertise and experience to the organization; establishes policy; sets goals and objectives; hires and evaluates the director; establishes and monitors the annual budget; exercises such other powers, consistent with the law to foster the effective use and management of the library. Sonoma County residence is required and preference will be given to applicants who reside within Cotati city limits. The seat shall be filled through appointment by the Mayor and ratification by the City Council.
• Interested in the library and its services; understands and subscribes to Sonoma County Library mission and values.
• Has the willingness and ability to devote time and energy to the role.
• Is able to represent varied needs and interests of the community and of the library.
• Has strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills.
• The commission meets monthly at a time convenient for members. Currently, meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm. Meetings can last up to four hours, and considerable preparation time is typical prior to each meeting.
• It has been common practice for the commission to devote 1-2 half-day workshop meetings to budget planning.
• Commissioners may serve on one or more subcommittees or ad hoc task forces in addition to their regular duties.
• Special meetings or committee meetings may be called as necessary at times that are convenient to members and that comply with the open public meeting law.
Completed applications for the City of Cotati’s Sonoma County Library Commission appointment must be received in the office of the City Manager by 5:00 p.m. Thursday April 13, 2023.
Applications and additional information may be obtained by clicking here, or you may pick up an application at Cotati City Hall, City Manager's Office, at 201 W. Sierra Avenue. To request an application by email or U.S. mail, contact the Deputy City Clerk at email@example.com or call 665-3622.