What if I see someone illegally dumping junk, trash or debris?

Call the City of Cotati police department immediately! Try to get a good description of the person dumping, the vehicle that they were driving, and the vehicle license number. If you see illegally dumped trash after the fact and cannot provide a description of the responsible party, where the trash is located will determine how it is to be removed.

If the debris is located on the public property i.e.: street, sidewalk, alley, or other City-owned property, call Public Works Department at 707-665-3638.

For dumping on a vacant lot or private property, call the Building Department at 707-665-3636.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call for abandoned or inoperable vehicles on the street, vehicles, trailers, mobile homes and boats parked illegally on the street, noise abatement, lost or stray animals?
2. How do I report fire hazards, fire inspection, hazardous or industrial waste?
3. Who does any person(s) doing business within City limits requires a business license which includes contractors contact?
4. What if I see someone illegally dumping junk, trash or debris?
5. Does the Code Enforcement Department address abandoned vehicles?
6. For other concerns or assistance with issues outside the City boundaries or areas of responsibility who do I contact?
7. For Illegal dumping in streets, alleys and other public right of ways who do I call?