What kind of Reports can not be released?

Arrest Reports

If you have been arrested - either booked into jail or cited - you are not entitled to receive a copy of the report from the police department. You will receive a copy from the courts or your defense attorney, typically at your arraignment. You may also contact the DA's Office at 707-565-2311 to obtain one.

Reports Involving Minors

Any report involving a minor (17 years of age or younger) is not releasable to anyone without a court order. This includes the parents and/or reporting parties.

Medical Reports

Any report consisting of medical information, including 72-hour mental health commitments (5150 reports), are not releasable without a court order to anyone, including the victim.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a Police Report?
2. Who can get a Police Report?
3. What kind of Reports can not be released?